Jul 1, 2009

YetiStomper Picks: Books for July



Dead Men's Boots - Mike Carey

The next Felix Castor novel, Dead Men's Boots, is a must read for me. The Felix Castor books rank only behind Harry Dresden in my favorite Urban Fantasy series.

Always Forever (Age of Misrule Book Three) - Mark Chadbourn

The final book in the Age of Misrule series, Always Forever should be interesting. Features Celtic mythology in today's Britain. Check it out if you are a fan of Pyr or great cover art.

The Kingdom Beyond the Waves - Stephen Hunt

Steampunk adventure continuing the story of archaeologist Amelia Harsh that began in The Court of the Air. The first was a fast paced thrill ride. I expect the same pulpish feel in the sequel.

Wireless - Charles Stross

Stross, one of today's SF giants, has a short fiction collection featuring a brand new novella. I haven't read any of Stross's short fiction so it's all new to me.

The Boys Volume 4 (v. 4) - Garth Ennis

The 4th TPB of the rude and crude comic series featuring superheroes at their worst. Definitely not for the kids. I'm serious. If you see your child reading this, take it away from them.

The Price of Spring (The Long Price Quartet) - Daniel Abraham

The concluding volume of The Long Price Quartet. I hope The Price of Spring can deliver on the success of the first three books. There's always M.L.N. Hanover, I guess.

Julian Comstock: A Story of 22nd-Century America - Robert Charles Wilson

Originally a June release, Julian Comstock got strong enough reviews to get added onto my July list. Hugo-winner Wilson predicts a future America after oil runs out and religion takes over.

Are there any books out there I may be missing out on?

You can view previous installments of YetiStomper Picks here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...